If I update a Spec, it seems to disable the API in the Portal?

I tried to update the spec for an existing API in the Integrated Portal .I wanted to use the same spec with some changes for that API. So I clicked the camera icon, selected the same spec and then I clicked Update snapshot and after the update, it showed the same spec in the Spec column.

When I looked at the API on the portal itself, it was disabled and not loading.

The description column became empty and the audience column also changed to different group. I tried multiple times with same specs,without making any change and just updating the snapshot for the API .

Nothing worked.

So then I tried simply saving the settings after adding description and enabling the API, which worked.

I have seen this issue recently after changing some security scheme settings on the spec.

Please advice me on how to avoid this.

1 6 276
6 REPLIES 6

Currently clicking the "Update Snapshot" button of an API within the Portal section will disable the publishing of the API, removing it from being listed on the live portal (and as you've stated, cause some other changes, such as the description disappearing).

The workaround is to re-enable the API within the Portal by opening the Settings dialogue box (by clicking the settings icon shown for the API within the Portal's page), clicking the checkbox next to the "Disabled" label (re-enabling it), re-adding the appropriate description, and clicking Save.

I will post any updates related to this matter, here.

Thanks Fabian for the reply. I have already tried that and its working. Please do update me if any work around is there to fix this issue.

No problem, Jincy, thank you for the post!

Just a quick update:

The status change to 'Disabled' on Snapshot update has been fixed; API portals now remain 'Enabled' on Spec Snapshot updates.

I will follow up here of there are any changes with regards to the optional description field.

Thanks Fabrian for this fix. I checked and confirmed. The description field issue still exist. The desc is disappearing.

@Jincy Jithin

- I was able to reproduce the issue with description field getting wiped out and have captured this as a bug.