Difference between Administrator in Drupal Portal vs Edge

I have three questions.

1. What's the difference between admin in Drupal and in edge?
    (Is it that one is just an admin for the Developer portal and the other is for the whole organization?)
  2. Why is the admin in Drupal added as a developer in edge? (Why is it considered as developer?)
  3. Difference between "active-block" of users in Drupal and "active-inactive" of developers in Edge?
Solved Solved
0 1 162
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Pyie Sone

Good questions!

1. Yup, Drupal admin is only for the portal, an Edge admin is for the entire Edge org
  2. Any time you create a user account in Drupal, an associated developer account is created in Edge. That may not be particularly useful in the case of a Drupal admin. You need that developer account in Edge to be able to create an App though, which a Drupal admin might find useful for testing purposes.
  3. The active/block in Drupal only affects your Drupal portal account. If a user is 'blocked' they will not be able to log in to the portal. I don't think this affects your Edge developer status.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Pyie Sone

Good questions!

1. Yup, Drupal admin is only for the portal, an Edge admin is for the entire Edge org
  2. Any time you create a user account in Drupal, an associated developer account is created in Edge. That may not be particularly useful in the case of a Drupal admin. You need that developer account in Edge to be able to create an App though, which a Drupal admin might find useful for testing purposes.
  3. The active/block in Drupal only affects your Drupal portal account. If a user is 'blocked' they will not be able to log in to the portal. I don't think this affects your Edge developer status.