ProxyEndpoint 'name' - change name property to something other than default causes cache to not work

I have a proxy which is caching values. When the proxy endpoint is named

<ProxyEndpoint name="default">

my caching polices work as expected.

When I change my proxy name to:

<ProxyEndpoint name="cacheproxy">

My caching policies stop working. Not working being the cached values which should be there are not or the write is failing. Any ideas what this might me?

0 3 176
3 REPLIES 3

No i don't have any particular ideas, but to diagnose this maybe you can provide more details as to what you're using in your cache policies.

and maybe provide more details around "not working" specifically.

I had a problem recently in which the LookupCache policy wasn't finding the thing I thought had been cached with PopulateCache. When I changed the CacheKey to be more complex (rely on the system.uuid) the behavior became as expected. This feels like a bug to me but I don't believe it is a general one, as most people observe the cache "just works". Also I worked around it easily.

apiproxy-4.zip if I switch to a proxy name of cacheproxy, it does not work, with the name specified as default it works. Are there any issues with calling your proxy default?

Fun and interesting day. 'ProxyEndpoint' was one thing that had to be set to default. The other thing that was causing an issue was 'TargetEndpoint'. When I changed the name on this xml element to default my caching code started working. Not sure why but this was really hard to debug. If you know why, I would be curious to know. Also, is there any way to get any debug information in situations like this?