Virtual host throwing a 404 after setup

I've created a simple passthrough proxy and associated with a virtual host and consistently get a 404. The proxy works as expected when using the default secure host.

We’ve:

• created a DNS entry that points api-sandbox.xxxx.com to xxxx-prod-sandbox.apigee.net.
  • Validated that api-sandbox.xxxx.com has propagated
  • Implemented a valid TLS cert in the Keystore.
  • Created the VH successfully
  • Validated that its show up for the proxy

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solved Solved
1 3 242
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You could also try invoking your API using curl with the -v option. This will show info about the certificate being presented. See if it matches the certificate you associated with the new virtual host.

I've seen that sometimes there is a problem when creating the virtual host, and all API requests are routed to an existing virtual host (eg: secure), if your proxy is not listening on that old virtual host, you'l get the 404 message

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Is this a 404 coming from apigee eg with a faultstring and a ApplicationNotFound message or from your server? Can you share more details on the 404 and how you've configured your DNS entry

You could also try invoking your API using curl with the -v option. This will show info about the certificate being presented. See if it matches the certificate you associated with the new virtual host.

I've seen that sometimes there is a problem when creating the virtual host, and all API requests are routed to an existing virtual host (eg: secure), if your proxy is not listening on that old virtual host, you'l get the 404 message

After 24 hrs and a session with an Apigee Tech, the issue self-resolved. No idea what happened and Apigee is looking into it. I'll post an update if I hear back. Thanks for the help Dane/Debora.