Quota - resolution for products

Below is a possible scenario << I agree, the situation can be prevented, however looks a possible case >>

Proxies : A,B,C,D,E

Product:

P1 ( with A,B,C ) and

P2 ( with C,D,E) << with respective quota limit set ; Q1 and Q2 respectively>>

One developer created a app and pulled p1 and p2 for his/her app.

Now when a consumer consumes proxy C for this app -> which quota will be applied ( Q1 or Q2 ).

Is there a way to identify Quota to be applied ?

0 4 118
4 REPLIES 4

Apigee recommends that you maintain a one-to-one relationship between your API proxies, and API products.

I am not sure but I guess the first product which gets registered in the App will be used for Quota. If that P1 is either deleted or revoked from the App, then it is going to use the P2 quota.

I have checked and confirmed that first product that is added will gets preference, so in this case P1 quota is used.

Apigee recommends that you maintain a one-to-one relationship between your API proxies,and API products >>>> is it the suitable and practical recommendation?  Apigee allows to add multiple proxies in order to group them into a single product as an offering to the consumers.

One developer created a app and pulled p1 and p2 for his/her app.

Don't do that. Avoid this, and avoid the uncertainty you identified.

Or, don't use the product-specific metadata for quota. Set alternative custom attributes on the APP itself, and use THAT for quota. But that sort of goes against the recommendation from Apigee to use the API Product as the consumable unit, with the service-level metadata (quota limits) associated to the product.

I agree with you, at current situation we need to avoid such cases, as its a challenge to resolve quota uniquely.