Connect 2 APIs

adam-1

Hi there,

I have a question about connecting 2 APIs. I'm new to this so thank you for tolerating my ignorance.

We have an open API on our website that we would like to push data to our client's CRMs (Salesforce, Hubspot for example).

Salesforce and Hubspot have their own APIs as do we.

How can I make the 2 APIs talk together so we can push data from our server into their CRMs?

Apologies if that doesn't make sense and thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Adam

0 7 927
7 REPLIES 7

To clarify, are you trying to pull data from your APIs to then push it to other APIs? or are you wanting to push through your own API?

ie

1. <- get data from your API

2. -> push data to CRM APIs

or

1. -> request to your API -> your API pushes data to CRM

Hi Dane,

thank you for your message.

Yes I’m trying to take data from my API and send it to the API of the CRM (your first example).

Thanking you,

Adam

It sounds like, to me, that you need to write a client app that sends GET requests to your API and POST Requests to the CRM API.

But that's not an Apigee thing.

If I understand what you're describing.

I agree, that would be my approach

Thanks Dino and Dave!

Is there a website that can help me do it or should I hire a developer?

Kind regards,

Adam

If you don't know nodejs, or C# or some other language, you'd need to hire a developer.

First, we use a Service Callout policy and call your API and get the response.

Here you can modify the response or use the same thing add other required fields using Assign Message policy and then send the data to your CRM by using another Service callout or Targetendpoint.

Overall this should be an easy setup but to provide more info and example we would require a few more info like which CRM, what is your API type, error handling, secuirty etc.