Custom role - How to enable the clear cache button within the Apigee Edge UI?

I am creating a custom role that has read-only permissions to most of the configuration artifacts within Apigee. This was working correctly and the user with the custom role is able to view the Environment-level Cache config page.

Additionally we want to enable the ability to clear the environment-level cache from the Edge UI. To do so I added the "Clear all cache entries" and "Clear a cache entry" permissions documented at https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/system-administration/permissions#caches to the role.

{
    "path": "/environments/*/caches/*/entries",
    "permissions": [
        "put"
    ]
},
{
    "path": "/environments/*/caches/*/entries/*",
    "permissions": [
        "put"
    ]
}

After the doing so the user can still view the Environment-level Cache page but the "Clear cache" button in the Edge UI is still disabled. Are there other permissions that needs to be enabled to make this functionality available to a user?

Solved Solved
0 1 369
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have verified that with just these two resources set to PUT, that a user can clear cache entries thru the API. The current Cloud Edge UI, however, is still showing the "Clear Cache" button as disabled.

I have opened a support ticket with Apigee on this issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I have verified that with just these two resources set to PUT, that a user can clear cache entries thru the API. The current Cloud Edge UI, however, is still showing the "Clear Cache" button as disabled.

I have opened a support ticket with Apigee on this issue.