Apigee User- Backend users

abiram8
Participant IV

Hi,

Have a question on Apigee users

We have a requirement in Apigee private (4.19.06) where user role (like Backend user) should only see "Overview" Tab with API Proxies details and other Tabs like "Develop", "Trace", "Performance" should be not be enabled & disabled for such user role.

Gone thro the Apigee User Role information & build in role information

Could not user which has only permission to view "Overview" Tab

This is very much required, however we just want "Backend user" once login to Edge UI should able to see only the "Overview" Tab which indicates him Proxy name & target information kind of basic information

Is there any ways to get the user Role similar to same ? which is very important for our Business case. This Backend user are not the "Business User" but the Technical Backend user (from ESB team etc) which provide us Swagger or WSDL information for API creation in Apigee

Pls suggest

0 4 90
4 REPLIES 4

abiram8
Participant IV

@Dino-at-Google @Anil Sagar @ Google, please let us know if you have come across such requirments

I don't think the UI elements are included in the Permissions that get attached to roles.

As a result it is not possible, as far as I am aware, to set the permissions such that the apigee UI displays a different set of tabs for one role, versus another.

i understand you want to display on the proxy name, and the basic overview information to specific users. Can you just export the data via a script and just provide it to you backend users? This would avoid the idea of modifying the logic of the Apigee UI to fit this use case.

@Dino-at-Google I am not sure what did you mean by "Can you just export the data via a script" any link or docs on same

Here the requirment is the user wants to login to Edge UI

according to my understanding of what you wrote, I think "the user wants to login" is not a requirement.

I think the idea is, the user wants access to the specific information you described. And today the Apigee UI does not permit customization in the way you described (hiding tabs for specific roles).

But the information is available via the Apigee Administrative API. You could build your own webapp to tickle the Admin API and then present that information to the user. Or you could biuld a script that runs as a batch that exports that information to a spreadsheet or some other data store. Either way, the user will get the information you described.

Am I on the right track?