App Approval Flow

Hi All,

I have a requirement where a developer should get default access to all the APIs being exposed on a developer portal when he registers an App.The App approval process should be manual incase of Real APIs while it should be automatic for Sandbox. My question is - should I have my design as

one app:one API Product:multiple API Proxy

or one app:multiple api product:one api proxy for each product.

Also since approval process is linked to the api product,how can I display app approved status to the developer here such that developer will get notified once he is able to access all APIs exposed on the portal.

Regards,

Sonalee Shyam

0 2 222
2 REPLIES 2

@Karl Scheirer ,Could you please help here

Hi @lee86

I think you would want 2 separate API Products:

1. Product1 is deployed to sandbox environment and contains the api proxy deployed to sandbox, this product is set to automatic approval in edge
  2. Product2 is deployed to production environment and contains the api proxy deployed to production, this product is set to manual approval in edge

The Kickstart portal will display key status to the developer. For a notification when all API keys are approved, you can use the BusinessRules module. It's being added to the Apigee Edge module here: https://github.com/apigee/apigee-edge-drupal/pull/289