App Registration Flow

Hi,

My requirement is that when a developer creates an App on Developer Portal(Drupal 7), he should get default access to all the APIs being exposed on the portal without individually registering for an API.

I also have some custom attributes defined(currently at App level)to execute runtime logic on the API Proxy.

My question is how should I get these custom attributes from developer .

Also since I will be exposing a set of APIs(It may add up to more than 18 Custom attributes),can I make these custom attributes optional for the developer to enter?

Regards,

Sonalee

0 5 295
5 REPLIES 5

@Dino-at-Google Can you please help

@lee86 I'm pretty sure you can designate some API Products to be "default" when an app is created - meaning they will be added automatically without the user having to select them. @Katie Bielawiec might know the exact menu location? 🙂

Create the custom attributes on the portal instead of Edge - it should then be possible to create them as not required. This should present the user with a form field when creating an app, but not require a value. They should then be available during Edge runtime, as an attribute of the app.

Karl is correct, you may select one API product to be selected by default when creating a new app. You may also allow developers to select more than one API product during app creation. These are both configured at /admin/config/devconnect/apps (Configuration > Dev Portal > Application Settings).

@Katie Bielawiec... Can I also add multiple API products as default for an app?

Also from an App approval perspective would it make more sense to maintain one App:multiple API product:Multiple api proxy or

One App:One Api Product:Multiple API

I would like to have manual App approval process where App approval status is changed to approved when the App is given access to all the api exposed on Devportal(either in a single Api product or as multiple API product)

Hmm, only 1 default product? That seems like it won't be sufficient for this use case.

I think I remember the right way to do this - do not add any API Products as default, and do not allow the user to select any API Products. When an app is created that is not attached to any API Products, Apigee Edge will allow the app access to *all* API Products.