Apigeee API Products and Database sync

For some reason I want to store the API product details in database like API product name, display name, description extra. For the first time we can use "Get API Product" API and load the details to database, if any updates to the API product how do we track it and update the changes to database. How to sync API products details to Database.

Solved Solved
0 1 307
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If I were doing this I might ... produce a cron job or scheduled task to query all the products. And then that cron job would dump that data into the database.

if you wanted to get savvy, you could query the Audit trail for Apigee, and find only updated API Products in the past 24 hours or whatever, and then only query THOSE and put THOSE into the database.

Maybe if you really need it, a combination of those things. Like a partial backup most days, and a full backup weekly. Maybe. In general, I favor simplicity in solutions. So you may not need this "hybrid" approach. Try using the simplest thing that would satisfy.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

If I were doing this I might ... produce a cron job or scheduled task to query all the products. And then that cron job would dump that data into the database.

if you wanted to get savvy, you could query the Audit trail for Apigee, and find only updated API Products in the past 24 hours or whatever, and then only query THOSE and put THOSE into the database.

Maybe if you really need it, a combination of those things. Like a partial backup most days, and a full backup weekly. Maybe. In general, I favor simplicity in solutions. So you may not need this "hybrid" approach. Try using the simplest thing that would satisfy.