Get list of pending products.

wes
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I have gone through the docs and this forum as best as I can but I'm not able to find any way to call and endpoint that returns a list of pending products so that we can approve them outside of the Apigee Portal. The only way I can see to do this at the moment is to get all the apps for the organisation, go through each one and search for the apiproducts found in a credentials object, go through each product to see if it is pending, approved or revoked and save the pending products to an array. Doing it this way will take longer and longer as more apps are created. I'm really hoping there is an endpoint that can return all pending products or at least apps that have pending products in them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 6 278
6 REPLIES 6

This is a great use-case for a graphQL API on top of the Apigee data model .

Sadly, today there is no graphQL capability for Apigee. You cannot submit such a query and get a response.

I don't know a way to do what you want aside from the approach you described yourself.

You may add some flourishes like caching of a list of "already seen" apps, or checking the audit trail within the last day (or week, or etc) to find only apps that were added or modified in that period.

But the basic brute force query that you described has to remain.

Sorry!

Thank you for your response. That's a good idea to track by updated at so that we don't have to pull in all of the apps.

If what you're trying to find are all the apps that still have not approved products, you could obtain all the apps for the organisation, using expand=true, this will include their products and corresponding status

That's what we're doing at the moment, good to know that others have the same idea!

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Technically, the API Product is neither in approved or pending state. It is the "App Credential" that is in pending state. Here is a sample:

{
  "appFamily": "default",
  "attributes": [
    {
      "name": "DisplayName",
      "value": "mysample"
    }
  ],
  "callbackUrl": "",
  "credentials": [
    {
      "apiProducts": [
        {
          "apiproduct": "mysample",
          "status": "pending"
        }
      ],

The Apigee UI implements this feature through a client side filter:

9291-pendingproduct.png

Alternative approach:

If you are using a custom portal for developers to register their apps, at the time when a developer app is created, you use the information to also create a ticket/case/JIRA with the details of the app.

This is a great idea, we are submitting apps to Apigee through the API and with your idea we could also push to another system for a manager to approve or deny.

Thank you.