Granting developers access to integrated portal via invitation

I've recently set up an integrated portal but I can only see my own account in the Developer Programs after sign-up on the portal.

Q: is there a way to copy our existing user pool from Drupal-7 to the new integrated portal? If not, how may I invite / onboard some of the developers from Developers into this new Developer Program?

Thanks for any guidance.

Solved Solved
0 1 143
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robert
Participant V

Hi @Ethan Zeng

Correct, you are the only user in Developer Programs as nobody else is there until they register on your new integrated dev portal.

However, you can accomplish what you want by 1) copying the URL to the create account page on your new integrated developer portal and 2) using a Drupal module, craft an email template and send an automated email to all of your registered Drupal users whom you want to invite to your new portal. Those users will then click on that link, land on the "create account" page on your new portal, and register themselves.

Here's one email module. I don't know anything about it other than it says it's a mass mailer. https://www.drupal.org/node/890226 Feel free to use any Drupal mass mailer module you want. Alternatively, I don't see why you can't just leverage a commercial mailer app that connects directly to your drupal mysql db. For that I would recommend cloning the db and using that cloned db as the data source for your email app.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

robert
Participant V

Hi @Ethan Zeng

Correct, you are the only user in Developer Programs as nobody else is there until they register on your new integrated dev portal.

However, you can accomplish what you want by 1) copying the URL to the create account page on your new integrated developer portal and 2) using a Drupal module, craft an email template and send an automated email to all of your registered Drupal users whom you want to invite to your new portal. Those users will then click on that link, land on the "create account" page on your new portal, and register themselves.

Here's one email module. I don't know anything about it other than it says it's a mass mailer. https://www.drupal.org/node/890226 Feel free to use any Drupal mass mailer module you want. Alternatively, I don't see why you can't just leverage a commercial mailer app that connects directly to your drupal mysql db. For that I would recommend cloning the db and using that cloned db as the data source for your email app.