Spam protection for Apigee forum

Hi,

Over the past few months I have reported several answers/users as spam on the Apigee community. But I am yet to see any action taken against these users/bots.

For Example: take a look at this user who is currently #4 on the leaderboard. Who is responsible for the cleanup activity on the forum? In case there is no dedicated team from Google/Apigee, could we consider granting this privilege/responsibility to users with a mininum number of reputation points?

Solved Solved
1 6 241
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

Sorry about the experience you're having.

I was unaware of the spam that user had created. I've taken steps now for that particular user.

could we consider granting this privilege/responsibility to users with a minimum number of reputation points?

There are a number of users who have the permissions to do as you describe. We try to stay on top of things. I guess we missed some spam. Sorry about that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nice catch, maybe he used a script to post a new answer on the same question.

I guess previously @Anil Sagar @ Google used to clean the forum.

Hi

Sorry about the experience you're having.

I was unaware of the spam that user had created. I've taken steps now for that particular user.

could we consider granting this privilege/responsibility to users with a minimum number of reputation points?

There are a number of users who have the permissions to do as you describe. We try to stay on top of things. I guess we missed some spam. Sorry about that.

Reminder. This user's position and reputation points are still intact on the leaderboard.

The spam user is still at position 4 on the all time leaderboard!

This should hopefully be fixed once the leaderboard refreshes.

Thanks @dane knezic. It is indeed resolved now.