How-to overwrite the login form input widths?

Not applicable

I'm modifying the Apigee responsive theme, and I'd like to replace the large modal login dialog with a either more subtle slide-out box that comes from the right-hand side near the login button when the button is clicked.... or perhaps simply put the login form directly in the header.

I was thinking of changing the CSS of the existing modal to bring it in, but it looks like the width of the input username and password fields can't be overwritten in the sub-theme. The parent theme, in apigee_sso.css, sets the width using the !important attribute. I can't see any way to overwrite this in my subtheme. This seems to prevent me from doing much with it.

How can I get around this to change the behavior of the login form in my portal?

Is there some other way to integrate the login form in my homepage HTML without using the modals?

Is there a way to overwrite the !important width coming from the SSO file?

0 1 248
1 REPLY 1

Dear @tpearson ,

Yes, Ideally apigee_sso.css should not do !important while setting the property. I have raised an issue with team. Hopefully fix will be available in future release of Developer Portal.

Regarding login form in header or like a drop down, there are multiple ways to achieve same. Take a look at below modules which solves the same out of the box for you.

And always there is an option to do this with minimal custom module. This may require some Drupal Expertise with themes, css, Drupal Forms if you would like to custom build same. But, Power of Drupal CMS comes from Out of the box solutions like above mentioned modules 🙂

Cheers,

Anil Sagar