best approach for mysql to apigee migration

Hi, I have following requirements -

- I have a DB which has all developers, products, apps and access tokens, product scopes almost everything in the db

- Its a MySQL db

Proxies are newly designed on the apigee already, Now I have to migrate whole data to apigee to retain the user experience same as it works already. In the existing system, only consumer APIs exists no admin APIs are available so I need to use custom code to achieve this requirement.

In this whole migration, I have to take care of the following things -

- When I migrate 1 developer all the developer apps, app keys, linked products and access token of the respective developer apps should get migrated.

For achieving this requirement what should be the best approach?

I am exploring https://github.com/telstra/habitat-commissioner (APIGEE to APIGEE only but it provides restful apis so assuming data source can be anything , exploring more on this.)

and https://github.com/apigeecs/apigee-migrate-tool (Didn't find this tool as a great option to do as it is very specific to APIGEE to APIGEE only)

What community suggests?

0 2 109
2 REPLIES 2

I don't know if the apigee-migrate-tool documents the data format that it uses for export. If so, then all you'd need to do is export the mysql data into the right format and the apigee-migrate-tool would be able to import it.

If I were doing this I'd consider what strengths and resources I had at hand. For example if I had available for this project people who are pretty savvy with the Apigee Admin API, then I might ask them to just script the export-and-import in golang or nodejs or whatever.

If I had people with experience in the apigee-mgrate-tool I might start from there.

I don't know about Telstra's project.

I do agree with you,

From my study on apigee-mgrate-tool, I think it would be difficult to organize all data in the right format, (still not concluded)

Admin APIs - That's the greate and final option but needs a lot of work, I read about Tesltra project (habitat-commissioner) - It sounds more like it usages the admin api very well, I am exploring what out of the box feature this product can provide, if this doesn't work, I will simply go with NodeJS with management API.

I have a hybrid model of APIGEE + Microservice + Devportal so all the mysql db (source) has to send the data on different layers. For that centralized nodejs script would be great option for establishing communication between layers.

BTW thanks @Dino-at-Google for answering my question.