I'm looking to upgrade Dev Portal to bring Drupal up to date, but I can't upgrade Edge yet. Can they run on different OPDKs? Will this cause any issues?

Edge and Dev Portal are on 4.14.04 currently, but want to bring DevPortal up to 4.15.01.

Solved Solved
0 2 251
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @Akash Prabhashankar ,

If the developer portal update has only Drupal Core Upgrades / Bug Fixes, You can go ahead and update the Developer Portal without upgrading Apigee Edge.

If the developer portal updates includes some Management API changes that reflects Management API changes in Apigee Edge then it will cause issues due to dependency on Apigee Edge. Apigee Developer Portal talks to Apigee Edge / Monetization / SmartDocs using Apigee Edge APIs.

Please take a look at Release Notes and take decision accordingly. I see that 4.15.01 has monetization related features. Most probably it will have certain dependency on Apigee Edge. I would suggest to upgrade them together.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dear @Akash Prabhashankar ,

If the developer portal update has only Drupal Core Upgrades / Bug Fixes, You can go ahead and update the Developer Portal without upgrading Apigee Edge.

If the developer portal updates includes some Management API changes that reflects Management API changes in Apigee Edge then it will cause issues due to dependency on Apigee Edge. Apigee Developer Portal talks to Apigee Edge / Monetization / SmartDocs using Apigee Edge APIs.

Please take a look at Release Notes and take decision accordingly. I see that 4.15.01 has monetization related features. Most probably it will have certain dependency on Apigee Edge. I would suggest to upgrade them together.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar