Can I remove the search box on the portal without modifying the theme?

Not applicable

The developer portal Apigee Responsive theme comes with a search box in on the top-right-hand side.

833-search-box.png

Looking in the code at \profiles\apigee\themes\apigee_responsive\templates\pages\page.tpl.php I see that the search box is passed in as a variable, which suggests to me that it might be a configurable element in Drupal admin UI. I expected it to be a block, but I didn't find it there.

Is there somewhere in the Drupal admin menus where I can remove this search box, or do I have to overwrite this in my subtheme somewhere?

Solved Solved
0 5 456
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @tpearson ,

Unfortunately, It's not configurable element. Yes, It's a good feature to have. I have created feature request for same. Hopefully you will see the same in future release of Developer Portal.

Currently, You need to override in sub theme page.tpl.php. Regarding, Variable $search_form , it's being set in template.php inside theme.

$search_form = drupal_render($search);

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dear @tpearson ,

Unfortunately, It's not configurable element. Yes, It's a good feature to have. I have created feature request for same. Hopefully you will see the same in future release of Developer Portal.

Currently, You need to override in sub theme page.tpl.php. Regarding, Variable $search_form , it's being set in template.php inside theme.

$search_form = drupal_render($search);

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Not applicable

@Anil Sagar -your answer pointed me to a much easier way to do this, when I saw the template code... Just turn off the Search module!

It disables search for the whole site, and the search bar goes away.

Awesome, Glad issue is resolved 🙂

Not applicable

I have a bit different question. I have the Apigee Responsive theme large search bar below the navigation bar. I think its taking too much room and would like to move it into the Main Menu bar like it was previously. I have a paid version. I am using a sub-theme. How should I go about making this modification?

@Keith Kowal , Kind request, please stop asking questions in answer. Answers are strictly for answers. Ask a new Question & You can reference to other threads by links in the description.