Google Analytics for Smartdocs

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi guys, I was experimenting with google analytics for smartdocs through this link,

http://apigee.com/docs/developer-services/content/activate-google-analytics

As asked I have done all the settings, but I think it doesn't work because it doesn't show any Analytics.

Is there any other settings which has to be done in smartdocs?

I'm using cloud version and my smartdocs version is,

Version: 15.06.08.00
Build Number: 13
Build Timestamp: 20150609.1148
SCM Revision: 2d72ec4574af46477aa5ea467e294eb4a274beb6    

Quick response would be appreciated.

0 11 274
11 REPLIES 11

Dear @Barahalikar Siddharth ,

It should work out of the box. Google Analytics module for Developer Portal tracks all the pages. If you have configured correctly you will see analytics in Google Analytics site.

Google Analytics module in specific nothing to do with Apigee SmartDocs features. It should work out of the box. All SmartDocs documentation pages are simple node pages in Developer Portal and above module (Google Analytics) should embed google analytics code to track same. At the end of the day, for google analytics module, smartdocs pages are drupal nodes. It should track and show analytics in Google Analytics Site. If Google Analytics account you configured in Developer Portal tracking any other pages it's also tracking SmartDocs pages too.

For more information see Google Analytics module & Installation instructions inside module folder.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

@Anil Sagar Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I know that and have been using smartdocs for 3 days after adding google analytics module.

Today when I went to analytics site I see that there were 4 sessions by Location where, 3 are from Russia and 1 from USA.

In Sessions by Browser I only see Safari browser.

Now this dev portal is only know to me, I am from India and I only used Mozilla and Chrome browsers.

None of these are reflecting, do you know why?

Make sure smartdocs pages has Google Analytics code embeded. Normally, you see GA code @ bottom of the page. If not, check Google Analytics configuration page in developer portal. Make sure , Content Type (SmartDocs Model) is enabled for tracking. Clear Drupal Cache.

Can i have your developer portal url to check once quickly ?

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Sure here is the link,

http://dev-siddharth1.devportal.apigee.com

I dont see the GA code. I will check the settings once again.

I do see GA code in smart docs pages. For example, in http://dev-siddharth1.devportal.apigee.com/mobile-prepaid-model/apis/get/tm_prepaid/%7Bmobile%7D page has GA Code embedded in page source. UA-65163881-1 Account should be tracking same.

Are you connected to VPN ? So that location may be shown as different ? Can you open real time analytics in Google Analytics and see page visits ?

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

@Anil Sagar It shows 0 page views,and it should be showing 1 active user right? As I'm online in smartdocs.

828-analytics1.png

Dear @Barahalikar Siddharth , Make sure pages are accessible by public users, check configurations in Google Analytics, Re-check Google Analytics Configuration in Developer Portal. AFAIK, It should work Out of the box.

@Barahalikar Siddharth , Is your issue resolved ? Do you still see the issue ?

@Anil Sagar I was working on some other APIs, haven't checked this in a while.

Anyway I have checked it just now, it is still not showing any active users(2 users are active now). In demographics via countries it shows 10 countries 😛

This dev-portal was never accessed by anyone(i never made it public) since July 23rd, 2015. But in analytics I have various data for August month.

I think I need to know more about Google Analytics.

Got it.. May be bots are crawling your site even though you haven't shared with public. Can i assume that this question is answered in that case ?

@Barahalikar Siddharth , Is your issue resolved ? Do you see analytics for smartdocs in Google Analytics ?