Does Apigee support publishing messages into a queue(PUT operations in JMS)?

I was looking in JMS support help page & I came across the below statement:

"The Edge JMS API proxy endpoint supports only receiving messages to a JMS queue. Other JMS operations are not supported"

Does this mean Apigee does not support publishing messages into a queue(PUT operations in JMS)?

Solved Solved
1 6 2,892
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

In order to do PUT operations to a JMS queue, you would have to use a Java callout. Java callouts are a feature of the Edge (paid) product. If you have any specific questions about this, please write us back.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

The only possible way this could be done is through a Java callout. I'm checking with Engineering if this is a possibility.

Not applicable

In order to do PUT operations to a JMS queue, you would have to use a Java callout. Java callouts are a feature of the Edge (paid) product. If you have any specific questions about this, please write us back.

Not applicable

You can write custom code to do it. There is out of box policy for Publish to JMS.

@Srividya Annapragada

Hey can you please provide more detail on which out of the box policy will publish to JMS.

Thanks

@Srividya Annapragada I'm not aware of any such policy which can publish messages to JMS.

So far, I'm hitting a dead end getting any code examples for SOUTHBOUND JMS integration. I've opened a support ticket with Apigee, and their answers seem to keep reverting back to the NORTHBOUND integration. It's kind of a shame, you'd think that Apigee or the community had at least some example code to leverage (besides generic hello world JavaCallouts). Or at least say definitely that you have to "roll your own" no matter what. I'm at the point of trying that and maybe it is a snap - maybe just writing the Java code for the callout is easier than trying to track down some working code.