Can I install Analytics Server (Postgres + QPID) on the same machine as Standalone Gateway?

Not applicable

@Maruti Chand

Just finished setting up Standalone Gateway and wondering if it is possible to install the analytics services on the same machine - wanted to save time that takes to procure another server. Didn't realize that even the all-in-one set up requires at least two machines per the install guide - One machine as Gateway and one as Analytics. I am guessing that Developer Portal needs a separate server too?

0 7 687
7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

You can have Pg + qpid on the same machine . aio should not ask for that unless something changed now . Pls try to install on the same machine and let us know if you see any issues .

DP needs a separate server I believe , never tried on the same server where Edge is installed .

I mean, is it possible to have Analytics and Edge on the same server.

sarthak
Participant V

@Rangaraya S Komaragiri ... When you install EDGE you see different profiles like sa,sax,aio etc. and you must have chosen one of these profiles. I think you chose sa profile for doing the install.

Instead of choosing sa if you choose "aio" profile then it will install everything (apart from dev portal) on the same instance.

So I think you have two options now :

1.Try to install sax profile on the same node. I don't think there will be any issues but I do not know for sure.

2. Uninstall Edge and install with aio profile.

And yes we would recommend to have another node for installing dev portal.

Sarthak

Oh Ok. Thanks. Actually we chose "sa" profile. I think we should've chosen "aio". First we want to try "sax" and if it doesn't work, we'll try a clean install with "aio".

Installed "sax" profile and all the sanity checks passed (Gateway and Analytics on the same box). Now when I log in to Edge, it's giving the following error in the top red/pink box:

Error fetching analytics data Could not resolve scope <<org>>.<<dev>

I have not seen that error before. But this is my guess : When you run the setup script during "sa" profile installation did you said yes to "Enable AX for this org"? As well as when you run the onboarding script that needs to be run after both the sa+sax profile installations have been done. Did you run that before installing the sax profile ? @Rangaraya S Komaragiri

Yes, said 'yes' for "Enable AX for this org" question. Don't remember seeing this question during the onboarding step. However, we ran the "enable-ax.sh" as described in this post, and specified each org and env name, and we are good now. So, in essence, installing the "sax" profile as you suggested + running of the script "enable-ax.sh" resolved the issue. Thanks for your help.