Error while setting up Apigee Private Cloud standalone mode - Cassandra failed to start or unreachable

Not applicable

@Maruti Chand

Apigee 4.15.04.00

Error Message: Cassandra failed to start or unreacheable

RHEL 6.6

Oracle JDK 1.7

Solved Solved
0 8 836
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sarthak
Participant V

Can you see if iptables is running ? sudo service iptables status . If it is running please run sudo service iptables stop. I am guessing Iptables have a reject rule which is stopping traffic at that port.

The other thing to check is : while doing the installation when it asks for cassandra IP if you specify 127.0.0.1 or localhost it will fail. Instead you should provide there what hostname -i returns .

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Can you get me the error message in cassandra nodes ?

sarthak
Participant V

Can you see if iptables is running ? sudo service iptables status . If it is running please run sudo service iptables stop. I am guessing Iptables have a reject rule which is stopping traffic at that port.

The other thing to check is : while doing the installation when it asks for cassandra IP if you specify 127.0.0.1 or localhost it will fail. Instead you should provide there what hostname -i returns .

Tried iptables. It's already stopped, and the setup never asked for Cassandra IP. But it seems to get the right IP by default.

Also, tried starting cassandra using this command "sudo service cassandra start" but it says "cassandra: unrecognized service"

From this, Cassandra service wasn't installed correctly?

Just so that we are clear , you are trying a aio profile install right ?

If you go to apigee install directory (by default it is at /opt/apigee4/) you can run /<install_dir>/etc/init.d./all-status.sh .. this will give you the status of all the Apigee services.

Inside /<Install_dir>/logs/cassandra/<cassandra.log> can you see if you see any error ?

Not applicable

More details about error:

Service setup: Cassandra version 1.2.19

Installing cassandra

ln: creating symbolic link `apache-cassandra/apache-cassandra-1.2.19': File exists

Finished installing cassandra 

Configuring NetworkTopologyStrategy 

Configuring partitioners 

Cassandra setup overview 

datacenter dc-1 

- rack ra-1: XX.XX.XX.XXXX 

Starting cassandra: Failed

none of the Cassandra Nodes are starting up or one of the node is failing ?

Not applicable

Is this still an issue ?

No. It's resolved. Problem with the Java install and permissions, which we re-did and it's all good now. Thanks for all your help.