How to manage Apigee Revisions using devops

HI,

I need help standardising Apigee revision strategy for DevOps team to implement.

We are using apigee on prem cloud (private cloud) and I believe apigee supports 50 revisions at any point in time. This means we need periodically clean up revisions which is not required through some means.

I am looking for a guideline or apigee standard to delete or update revisions (when to delete or update revision).

I am aware that apigee management API can be used to delete revisions and there are node js and java based solution which can be used to delete revisions as well.

My question is how to automatically identify unused revisions and delete them using DevOps.

0 1 147
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Avinash Prabhakar,

The limit of 50 revisions for a proxy is a Planned one, so it is not currently enforced (Refer: limits). You can list the deployments for an api to figure out which revisions are currently in use and then delete the remaining.

I'm assuming that you would anyway be maintaining the proxy code in a code repository. Thus it should be ok to go ahead and delete the unused revisions of all proxies on say a daily or weekly basis. Alternatively you might want to make the "clean option" a part of your deploy process.