Apiproxy deployment with override - when/how is the old revision undeployed?

When I deploy a new revision of an api proxy via the corresponding POST call of the Management API with override=true (and a delay set to 10s), the old revisions seems to stay deployed (listed in the /deployments endpoint and on the Web-UI).

According to the documentation [1], the old versions are automatically un-deployed after the delay, but I cannot see this. When is this triggered - do I have do to something manually?

[1] https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/deploy/deploy-api-proxies-using-management-api#seamless

1 8 395
8 REPLIES 8

the old versions are automatically un-deployed after the delay, but I cannot see this.

What do you mean by “I cannot cannot see this”?

Are you saying Apigee never undeploys the prior revision?

Apigee undeploys the old revision after all inflight requests have completed.

Apigee did not undeploy the old revision even after >45min. There were no requests at all during the deployment time.

In fact it is not the case that there can be only one revision of a proxy deployed at any one time. The actual restriction is: it is not possible to have two proxies (any proxies, any revision) both listen on the same combination of {vhost, basepath} .

Therefore It is possible to have 2 revisions of the same proxy deployed at the same time, if the two distinct revisions listen on different vhosts, or different basepaths.

The other possibility is that there is a bug. If you have ruled out the above situation (different revisions use different basepath or different vhost), then... I suggest you connect with Apigee Support to diagnose and resolve this.

Do you have a support contract?

If you are using the free trial, then I suggest that you just try to undeploy the older revision.

Not applicable

Even I see the same issue. In my case multiple revisions are deployed at the same time having same base path.

Could you up-rate the question, please? - Maybe it get more attention if the vote count is higher...

@Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena Could you check, if you have set the content-type correctly in your POST calls? This was probably the problem in my case.

We are using apigee node tool to deploy. So, this not a problem in my case.

The problem was, that in the used POST call, the Content-type was not set to

`application/x-www-form-urlencoded`.

Everything works in this case, except that the old revision is not un-deployed automatically...