Custom reports. Is it possible to view sum of requests per endpoint if I have dynamic path parameter for endpoint.

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to make a custom report for proxy.

For example I have a proxy with base path ".../v1/accounts"

and multiple endpoints like:

"/v1/accounts/{user_id}/balance"

"/v1/accounts/{user_id}/cards"

"/v1/accounts/{user_id}/some_other_stuff"

I'm trying to create a report which will combine requests to balance, cards, and other endpoints.

For example I would like to see in report that:

500 calls made to /balance endpoint, 150 calls to /cards endpoint.

Issue is that when I'm trying to make this report I have dynamic {user_id} parameter. And apigee shows me request for each endpoint like:

1 call to endpoint "/v1/accounts/user_1/cards", 1 call to endpoint "/v1/accounts/user_2/cards", etc.

Does not work with pathSuffix, it takes each request with to unique user_id as independent suffix.

Is it possible to generate report for url pattern, for example.

First dimension(proxy):Proxy 1.

Second dimension request URL but grouping all calls to URL pattern ignoring user_id:

"/v1/accounts/.*./cards", "/v1/accounts/.*,/balance".

Or to get sum of request on url which ends with "cards" or something like this?

0 1 166
1 REPLY 1

For example I have a proxy with ...multiple endpoints like:

By "endpoints" I'm inferring that you mean "Flows". Is that right?

I think you'd want to use a StatisticsCollector, and have your proxy set a variable that defines the "clump" or "group" of calls. One option is recording the variable "current.flow.name" for the custom dimension.

There is already a clump in the dimensions - "Flow resource". This is populated, I believe, by the variable "flow.resource.name". If you set THAT variable (see this Q&A for how and why), then you could use that as the clump. It also helps with VerifyApiKey or VerifyAccessToken.

Does that cover what you need?