Is the Developer Portal still in beta?

Hello,

I've been setting up a Developer Portal (the integrated one, not the Drupal one) and I'm a little shocked at how difficult it is to get the SmartDocs working (especially in comparison to setting thngs up in the Azure API Management portal).

Is it still a work in progress? Or am I just not reading the docs properly?

Does anybody have advice on the below issues that have been driving me crazy!

• THIS MUST BE A BUG: The SmartDocs sends an "Authorization" header prefixed with BearerToken, even though the OAuth 2.0 spec says it should be Bearer - that's even the default for the Apigee's OAuth 2.0 Policy, so it's broken right out the box and takes a while to figure out what's going wrong.
  • You get CORS errors when trying to make calls from the portal - ok, but then there does not appear to be an easy way to blanket apply a CORS policy for APIs in your portal, you have to do a manual fix for every API - and you have do some more fixing to get the pre-flight OPTIONS request to not get a 401 from the OAuth 2.0 policy
  • On the Portal/APIs page, if I click the "+ API" button I have to select a Product (which may contain multiple APIs) but I can only associate one Spec Snapshot - i.e. you are forced down the one API per product route
  • I can use an OpenAPI spec to generate a API Proxy with OAuth policies, but I then have to manually generate the spec for the Proxy so that I can use it in the portal.

I've been enjoying the rest if the Apigee offering but just can't understand why the Portal seems so unusable for all but basic use cases.

0 2 91
2 REPLIES 2

UPDATE:

I still think the first issue must be a bug (or has it been around so long it's now considered a "feature"?)

However.... I now see the first and second issues can be resolved using Shared Flows and Flow Hooks.

A Beta is full for this app means that the amount of people who are testing this application has reached the limit and the application development team will not allow any more people to help them test their app.

TV Repair helps you to solve your all TV issues quickly and at affordable prices. It is a medium that improves the world, triggers imagination, raises curiosity, encourages education and gathers millions around common interests.