SSO Authentication to the API Gateway?

Not applicable

Is there a way to integrate CAS or SAML based authentication with the Apigee Gateway? We are testing Apigee for a couple of weeks. I'd like our testers to use their existing credentials at our organization rather than having them create new accounts in the API Gateway Management UI.

Solved Solved
0 4 2,073
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This answer applies to authentication for users of the API Gateway "Management UI/API", i.e. users who would be creating/maintaining/deploying API Proxies, viewing/creating Analytics reports, administering Products/Developers/Developer Apps, etc:

• Our Private Cloud (on-premise) version can be configured for user authentication via an external LDP/ActiveDirectory service.
  • Our Public Cloud version does not allow this because we manage all those user accounts.

I hope I have understood your question correctly - I wasn't certain because of the reference in your last sentence to creating new accounts in the dev portal. The above answer is not applicable for dev portal.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This answer applies to authentication for users of the API Gateway "Management UI/API", i.e. users who would be creating/maintaining/deploying API Proxies, viewing/creating Analytics reports, administering Products/Developers/Developer Apps, etc:

• Our Private Cloud (on-premise) version can be configured for user authentication via an external LDP/ActiveDirectory service.
  • Our Public Cloud version does not allow this because we manage all those user accounts.

I hope I have understood your question correctly - I wasn't certain because of the reference in your last sentence to creating new accounts in the dev portal. The above answer is not applicable for dev portal.

Thank you! This answers my question. I was referring specifically to the API Gateway Management UI / API. The Last comment in my question was a typo since I was asking the same question in a different forum, but referring to the dev porta.

Not applicable

Hi @mschreuder

We have implemented external authentication with Active Directory. We are planning to upgrade to 15.07.02. Can you confirm external authorization is coming up in this release or any future release.

Also, if this is coming up, is there any documentation? Do we have to write custom java class to get External AD role mapping to Apigee roles?

Thanks

Hi @Anand Shandilya

External authorization is included in 15.07.03 (note small change in service pack numbering). While we don't publicly share on-premise documentation, it will be made available via the normal router as a part of the on-premises delivery and also you do need to implement the custom java class.

Ideally your question should be a new question rather than a follow-up although I am not able to convert it to a new question.