SAP ECC 6.0 integration with APIGEE using Gateway, ODATA and OAUTH 2.0

Hello. We were asked to integrate SAP ECC with APIGEE, and the other way too.

We have no idea how to do that.

Could you point me to a guide, a step-by-step document, or something like this?

Requisite: use SAP Gateway to provide a RESTful webservice and send from APIGEE to SAP a RESTful webservice.

Many thanks in advance.

0 2 1,732
2 REPLIES 2

I don't know anything about SAP Gateway, or how to configure it. How to call an external service (like Apigee) from SAP Gateway is a question you might ask on the SAP Q&A forum. (I don't know if there is one, but I imagine so)

For the other direction, in which you use Apigee Edge to call to SAP Gateway via a RESTful interface, in this case the SAP Gateway is just a REST endpoint. Which means there is nothing special about SAP Gateway. Just configure Apigee Edge as you would normally, for any REST target endpoint. You mentioned OAuth and OData, and those factors don't change how you'd create a proxy.

What have you tried?

If you have a more specific question, maybe someone here can provide more specific answers.

I am actually starting a project to do the same thing. I have a SAP ECC system which uses SAP Gateway to expose ODATA Restful web services. We will put APIGEE edge in front of SAp Gateway to proxy and provided a management, security, and reporting layer. Once we have SAML and OATH configured, I would like to convert the ODATA $metadata from the provided SAP ODATA services into OpenAPI YAML format. I want to leverage the documentation and other cool tricks APIGEE can do w/swagger. Any ideas? default services are ODATA v1 and v2.