What is the alternative for response Cache it reaches 512 kb above?

what is the alternative for response cache above 512 kb

Any one give me a better suggision

0 6 253
6 REPLIES 6

sidd-harth
Participant V

Well you can compress data or use an external storage/cache db.

Thank You @Siddharth Barahalikar , I am having json file it is upto 5MB how do i can compress

Do you want the entire 5MB json payload to be cached?

If you want to cache particular elements within the JSON payload, then have a look at Populate and Lookup Cache policies.

I did not work on compressing payloads in APigee. Maybe @Dino-at-Google @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan can provide some insights.

Yes ,i need to store entire data in cache next time it don't go to backend giving response cache itself

For caching 5MB payloads, You may need to rethink your application architecture. If I were designing it, I would look to use an external cache, as Siddharth suggested. Something like GCP Memorystore would be nice. But that's a redis-based cache, and the network interface it uses is not http, it's TCP. Which means an Apigee Edge ServiceCallout cannot connect to that cache.

To connect to that cache, you must use a service instance that runs in Google's network, like a Google Cloud Function or an app running in Google App Engine or Google Kubernetes Engine or Google Compute Engine. And then you could connect your Apigee Edge proxy to that service instance.

We migiht be able to better advise if we knew more about the application goals, something much more detailed than "I want to be able to cache 5MB payloads." What are you really trying to accomplish?