Can we have more then one APIKey key for one product with diffrent name?

Hello All,

I have one product.

ClientApigee ProductBackEnd
Client 1API key for Client1Back End Service
Client2APi Key for Cient 2Back End Service
Client 3APi Key for Cient 3Back End Service

so i need seprate key for my each client.

so if in future if i want to stop any client to use my service i can do it.

co all 3 clients are using same product so i cannot make 3 diffrent product.

0 7 110
7 REPLIES 7

Your client will registered as a developer.

As a developer, they can then register an app that can be associated with products. The app has the key.

Can i Create registered a developer for specific product as its associted with only one product and if i m going to create user its going to associated with organization ??

It seems like you aren't clear with the API packaging and subscription model.

An API product is a package that contains multiple API proxies. This is usually grouped based on business functions.

Every consumer/client that needs to call the APIs should be configured as a Developer app. The developer app will have to subscribe to one or more products based on the APIs that the consumer's app needs to call.

Each developer app will have its own api key or consumer key.

Can i Create registered a developer for specific product as its associted with only one product and if i m going to create user its going to associated with organization ??

This question is not clear. Whether you want to associate the developer app with one API product or more is a choice based on what APIs the app needs to call and which products encapsulate the same.

If you have three consumers, consuming the same APIs - you will have three devapps. Each of them subscribing to the same product/s

Developer and Devapp is created at org level. Developer and Apigee Edge user are totally different. Apigee Edge user is a API developer. Developer is a person who owns and build the app that consumes the APIs. For eg: Yelp is an app developed by X that uses location APIs. Location APIs are bundled into GeoLocationProduct.

In the above scenario, X is the developer, Yelp is the devapp created by X that needs to consume the location APIs. So the Yelp devapp needs to be associated with GeoLocationProduct that contains the location APIs.

Only one confusion left I think we both are on same track.

Please tell me if I have created one consumer it has key but the API which are inside the product they have their own authentication mechanism so for consumer will be authonticate by API key but now for accessing my internal API I have different authontication how we can manage that

You can manage the credentials for the backend service using a KVM. You will need to identify the client through the devapp name or some custom attributes on the devapp. You can use that as the key in the KVM and the credentials as the value

so if I use custom attribute is it possible to decrypt the value of that cos

in this case, I will need to encrypt the value?

is it possible?

You can encrypt the value in the KVM and apigee can decrypt it when you retrieve the value. The custom attributes cannot be decrypted. You can use a custom attribute value as a key identifier to access the kvm and retrieve the stored credentials.