Is there a way to get Xdebug working in Drupal Dev Portal under RHEL?

lm2000

Has anybody successfully installed Xdebug on Devportal running on RHEL?

I have been trying to get Xdebug working on our Apigee installation for a week or two. I've installed Xdebug numerous times, and it almost always seems to be a challenge, but usually I eventually get it to work. This time, however, I seem to have met my match.

My current blocker is finding (or creating) a version of xdebug.so to go into /usr/lib64/php/modules/. I'll spare you the tale of the adventures I had figuring out how to create a PHP7-compatible module (hint -- I had to do it on a different Redhat system) or getting the configuration lines into the relevant php.ini file (spoiler alert: add the line "zend_extension =xdebug.so" to /opt/apigee/apigee-drupal-devportal-4.19.01-0.0.100/conf/php.ini). Having finally figure out a way to get a compiled xdebug.so to get called by devportal, though, I get this error upon starting the service (in /opt/apigee/var/log/apigee-drupal-devportal/apigee-drupal-devportal.log)

Failed loading /usr/lib64/php/modules/xdebug.so: /usr/lib64/php/modules/xdebug.so: undefined symbol: zend_pass_function

And here my attempt ends. Googling that error message only seems to find a message in the Xdebug issue queue, with a "perhaps somebody should fix that" comment.

So for the moment I'm relegated to drupal_set_message and log writes, but it would really be much easier to debug the confounding runtime errors I've been seeing if I could use Xdebug to examine variables at runtime. Has anybody gotten it to work?

(Note: my configuration uses the D7 portal, but my question should be equally applicable to D8.)

0 0 154
0 REPLIES 0