Apigee node.js support options

robinm

The Apigee docs are full of deprecation warnings about the Trireme-based node.js.
( In fact you cannot even start such a new proxy from the UI any longer and the retirement date is looming at 10/10/2019)

With the latest pricing, Hosted-Targets may now be out of reach of smaller organisations (not available on Standard offering)

This leaves me with issues with my customers.

It may be possible to redesign and somehow shoe-horn it all into multiple proxies using a combination of standard Javascript policies and API Management calls, but this is going the wrong direction, to say nothing about any concerns about performance, overhead or Apigee "best practice".

This late in the game, we must assume the older Trireme version deprecation is not going to be revoked and so must confront the migration of some customer functions to a different platform.

What you guys are doing in this regard ?

0 4 175
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Robin Martin,

I would suggest to explore the hosted targets on apigee. and you can migrate your existing nodejs based app on hosted target. here you can check the details - https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/hosted-targets/hosted-targets-tutorials#migrating-an-existing-n.... This migration is very straight forward so you should consider this as a first option.

HeyRavindra, thanks for the response.

Yes, we are already using HostedTargets for one customer. That is exactly my problem.

Currently on TEAM bundle, they are likely to be migrated to the Standard offering. If you check the latest pricing guide, there will be no HostedTarget support at this level.

Yup, in that case, reachout to apigee support.

There is another way around to get your nodejs application deployed on some other server and in apigee proxy you connect to node app from target server.

Costing and support has to be considered based on the traffic and complexity of the system.

> confront the migration of some customer functions to a different platform.

> get your nodejs application deployed on some other server

Exactly ... increases technical impact and frustrates the sales ability to defend Apigee as the best product required for this particular solution - as I now need something-else-plus-Apigee for the southbound architecture, along with duplicated server and traffic management, key and certificate management, etc. Oh well, things changed, so pricing must be adjusted.