Is it possible to remove the replace username + password with email address + password for portal authenitcation?

Not applicable

When developers sign up to our portal, we validate their email address, and require them to select a username and password. However, developers seem to often forget their usernames when they return to the site at a later date, a problem I can empathize with!

To simplify the login process, I'd like to drop the username, and ask for a developer's email address and password, since developers are much less likely to forget their email address. Edge doesn't seem to require the username anyway. However, I can't find any way to swap the username for an email address in the documentation. Is it possible?

Solved Solved
0 3 682
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @tpearson ,

You can auto generate username and remove the field from user registration using Automatic User Names module. Username is required in Developer Portal.

User will never know there is something called username by using above module. Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dear @tpearson ,

Yes, Its possible. Apigee Cloud Developer portal out of the box supports this where user can login using Email Address as well as username. Please see screenshot below. Apigee Developer Portal uses logintobogan module.

805-screen-shot-2015-07-17-at-84852-pm.png

What is the version of Developer Portal are you using ? Are you on onprem ? You can check the version by navigating to /buildInfo in your developer portal.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Thanks for the useful tips Anil. We are cloud-hosted and you can see we're running the 2015.07.15 version.

Logintoboggan does fix the 'I forgot my username' part, but it doesn't eliminate usernames. Users will still have to choose a username at registration time, that they will now never use. Is there some way to avoid that?

Dear @tpearson ,

You can auto generate username and remove the field from user registration using Automatic User Names module. Username is required in Developer Portal.

User will never know there is something called username by using above module. Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar