CORS headers

The main application is the „CoreWeb”, which is serving the online customers through web browser. The most popular platform is Chrome and due to javascripts, there is an extra OPTIONS request before almost every call.

The handling of the CORS header has been implemented in every proxy, but the metrics are not correct (Traffic, Response Time, etc … ) The pricing is based on the complete traffic, but there are many "unnecessary" requests.

The CORS OPTIONS preflights are part of the whole requests? Could you please give me a solution.

@Anil Sagar @Google

0 2 257
2 REPLIES 2

I think what you are saying is... there is a CORS PReFlight request that precedes almost every other request. And what you would like is to Eliminate the CORS preflights from the metrics you're collecting on Traffic, Response Time, and so on .

Unfortunately there is no way to eliminate CORS requests from the builtin reports. I appreciate the requirement you have, though, and I understand the value. I will log a feature enhancement to eliminate those data from the standard reports. This won't change anything in the near term, but perhaps in the longer term there will be a way to filter those requests out of the standard reports.

The good news is that you can construct custom reports and set a filter to exclude those preflight requests.

feature request ref: b/140068604