Do we have a script or utility to clean up Apigee env?

I have a use-case where we need to clean up all of the entities (i.e. KVMs, TargetServers, Api Proxies, SharedFlows, etc) from an Apigee env. Do we have a utility or tool for this specific purpose. I know that we can accomplish the same using apigeetool or the management api. I'm simply trying to figure out if there is a pre-built tool for this scenario.

I noticed this Git repo: https://github.com/anil614sagar/apigee-org-cleanup But it doesn't have any content.

Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 4 305
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If I were doing this I would use apigee-edge-js and write my own tool.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Anil Sagar @ Google - maybe you can comment on that repo?

If I were doing this I would use apigee-edge-js and write my own tool.

@Dino-at-GoogleThanks for creating this utility. However, I already went ahead and created a plain Node.js script for my clean-up operation.

I wasn't aware of your utility. Next time I have a similar requirement, I'll put it to use. I understand that this utility is not an official product but can we still have an article or documentation page which lists all such Apigeek-created utils?

Also in my opinion, the SharedFlows api could be improved by the Apigee team. In order to clean them up, I had to basically make a call to list all the SharedFlows and then iterate over each one and fetch the deployments/revisions and then undeploy each one. When compared with the convenience function provided for Api proxies, this approach is very cumbersome.

It would be nice to have an "expand=true" functionality for listing of SharedFlows or a flag that includes the deployment details of shared flows in the "list deployments" calls. Thoughts?

I agree, that would be a nice utility.

When our org had grown to well over 1000 proxies (many of which were "Hello World" proxies), Edge UI performance suffered greatly and created a poor user experience for our developers. We ended up writing our own clean-up script as well, which did help a lot.