Parse message.queryparams.names variable

What am I doing:

Client sends request with multiple query parameters. If a parameter does not exist (key & value) I will supply them with a defaulted value. To determine if the client has sent in the correct query parameter I am using JavaScript to run the "request.queryparams.names" and will output all of the query parameters sent in by the client. I now need to parse the output of "request.queryparams.names" to determine if specific query parameter was sent.

What am I seeing:

As of right now I see the following when running "request.queryparams.names":

request.queryparams.names [branchId, productId, customerId, shipWhseId]

I have tried several times to check against specific values using "request.queryparam.<paramname>" but absolutely nothing gets returned. So now I am trying to parse output of "request.queryparams.names" to find out if query param name exists or not.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

0 2 847
2 REPLIES 2

@Seth Dickerson

The javascript below works

var queryparamnames = context.getVariable("request.queryparams.names");
var a = queryparamnames.toArray();
print("numOfQueryParams="+a.length);
for (var i=0; i<a.length; i++)
 {  print(context.getVariable("request.queryparam."+a[i]));}

You can also take a look at an older post on how to parse the query parameters in JS-

https://community.apigee.com/questions/12782/how-do-you-iterate-collection-from-requestquerypar.html

Hope that helps

So I figured out how to do what I was looking to do with the following code block:

context.setVariable("jsparamA", context.getVariable("request.queryparam.<defaultparamA>"))
if (context.getVariable("jsparamA") === null || context.getVariable('jsparamA') === "") { 
    context.setVariable("jsparamA", context.getVariable("<defaultparamA>"));
           }

knowing how "null" is being treated in regards to queryparameters within the javascript was the real issue I was having. Hope this may help someone else having a similar problem.

Thanks for all your assistance....