do not want the proxy to automatically deploy on save action

I need to know if there is a way to stop a proxy from deploying automatically on save action?Currently if I make any changes and save the proxy , if the revision is not incremented in that case all the changes gets deployed to all the environments in apigee for example if i have a proxy deployed to dev and test, then on save the proxy changes gets deployed to both dev and test environments.I want to avoid this so that i can make changes and then deploy it to "dev", do the testing and then deploy it to "test".

Can someone please suggest.

Solved Solved
0 4 269
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

The lower environment revision should be higher than or same as that of the higher environment. So, when you modify save your modifications in new revision. Then deploy that in dev. After successful testing deploy that new revision in test. Hope this is clear.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Pooja Kakani

Very straight forward step-

- Undeploy the proxy then keep saving your changes. System will keep saving the changes in undeployed moide.

If I undeploy in "dev" and then save.... it still deploys to "test"

I am now following the process that if I make any change to proxy then DO NOT HIT SAVE but instead hit SAVE AS NEW REVISION.
this way I can deploy that new revision in "dev" first and then when satisfied with testing deploy it to "test"

that's also another way but every time you will be creating a new revision for even typo change. Deploy different version on test if test env is needed up and running.

Not applicable

The lower environment revision should be higher than or same as that of the higher environment. So, when you modify save your modifications in new revision. Then deploy that in dev. After successful testing deploy that new revision in test. Hope this is clear.