Spike Arrest scaling at rates < 60pm

akoo

According to documentation here, Spike Arrest rate indicated as 'per minute' gets scaled to seconds. So if I use a rate that is less than 60tpm, then I am effectively scaling down to <1 tps. For instance, 20tpm = .3333tps. Looking at that at face value, Edge should not even allow a single transaction to go through because 1 transaction > .33333 transaction.

But this works: I can make a call. My question is this: what is Edge doing behind the scenes?

a) .3333 transactions gets scaled again to 1 transaction, so we have an effective rate of 1 transaction per 3 seconds.

b) .3333 transactions becomes 1 transaction since 1 is a minimum, so we have an effective rate of transaction per 1 second.

c) something else??

Solved Solved
0 2 235
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

akoo

Looking further down at the examples, I see the answer is A. The transactions are rescaled again to a single transaction for an effective rate of 1 transaction per 3 seconds.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

akoo

Looking further down at the examples, I see the answer is A. The transactions are rescaled again to a single transaction for an effective rate of 1 transaction per 3 seconds.

Not applicable

@Alex Koo , 20 tpm in spike arrest will make sure your API allows 1 call per 3 sec .

Its like whats the gap/window that should be maintained per 1 transaction .