​How do I send a basic authorization on Apigee via header?

So I am doing basic authorization on my Token API in apige. And this is how I do it in postman via its Authorization tab. As far as I know, Postman converts this to a header.

9013-screenshot-247.png

But if ever I want to manually add this on a header like this and use apigees default behavior, how should I format my header without changing or modifying my Token API policy?. I

9014-screenshot-248.png

It's just that I'm trying to document this API, but I don't know how Apigee interpresets my request and what are the required parameters names in the header for apigee to process my request.

Solved Solved
0 2 386
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to send the base64 encoded credentials as username: password in the Authorization header of the request. You will be able to view the same in the postman->code->curl option

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You need to send the base64 encoded credentials as username: password in the Authorization header of the request. You will be able to view the same in the postman->code->curl option

Oh great. Didn't knew and notice that code thing in postman before. THanks. I could finally see how it sends the request in cUrl, thx