Debug java dependency issues

Hi All,

I'm trying to move (library) jar files from proxy level to organisation level. The organisation resource store has all the correct dependencies (validated by downloading them after upload).

However when I try to deploy the proxy without the moved libraries I get :

"The revision is deployed, but traffic cannot flow. Failed to instantiate the JavaCallout Class <<custom class name>>"

Couple of questions:

- How can I get a detailed error message on public cloud (i.e. which dependency is missing)?

- Is there something we need to do after uploading to the organisation resource store so the java runtime can find them?

Dependency lookup has to be the error since the class could initiate when we had all dependencies on proxy level.

0 2 144
2 REPLIES 2

Did some extra debugging and with a hint of this thread I generated a list of available jar files (the method in the thread gave permission errors).

The generated list is large but indeed does not include the jar files in my organisation resources.

I did generate the list with:

ClassLoader cl = ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader();

URL[] urls = ((URLClassLoader)cl).getURLs();

Interesting. . . .have you tried loading the organization-scoped JARs into the API proxies themselves?

t/he way I've debugged dependency issues is to wrap my callout into a try..catch and to emit the stacktrace for the ClassNotFoundException into a context variable.