Seamless updates of apigee config

In line with seamless deployment of api proxies (https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/deploy/deploy-api-proxies-using-management-api#seamless), i'm wondering if we have any out of the box solution in apigee to update the env configs items like Target Server, KVM, etc. while the proxy is in use by the consumers.

To elaborate - Say proxy is using a TS configured to say H1. While the proxy is in use i want to update TS to H2 without any failures to the requests being processed by the proxy.

I can think of a custom solution to plan for updates for each one of them but was interested to know if there is any generic way / OOTB way of updating config prams.

0 1 184
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Ram C,

I think you can utilize the cache for 2-3 mins (If your APIs are not serving real-time data). Meanwhile you can deploy the KVM and TS with some tools (maven) instead of doing it manually to make it faster.

May be there are much better options. @Dino-at-Google @Siddharth Barahalikar can help more here.

And yes, of course, you can do a custom solution even with apigee it can be done.