Is there a way to check for a particular value in a query parameter?

cboyd

Hi All,

I have a query parameter that I want to apply some conditional logic to based on the value of the query parameter.

I have looked around in the documentation (https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/fundamentals/flow-variables-and-conditions), but I am not seeing an obvious way to do what I want to do.

For example, if I have a query parameter called "StoreId" and based on the value of that store id I wanted to do different things.

<Step>      
   <Condition>(request.verb = "POST") and (request.queryparams.StoreId = 1)</Condition>      
   <Name>AssignSKUPrefix</Name>             
</Step>

I am about 99% sure that my request.queryparams is wrong, but I am not sure how to go about fixing it to work the way I want it to.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
1 2 544
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you can do it that way. With a Condition element in your proxyendpoint or targetendpoint. (Actually within a FLOW within the endpoint).

You can also write some custom JavaScript, which runs for every step, and in that way codify the conditional logic in a traditional programming language.

var storeId = context.getVariable('request.queryparam.StoreId');
if (storeId == '1') {
}
else {
}

And of course the Flow configuration would omit the Condition. It would look like this:

<Step>           
   <Name>JS-HandleStoreIdQueryParam</Name>             
</Step>

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, you can do it that way. With a Condition element in your proxyendpoint or targetendpoint. (Actually within a FLOW within the endpoint).

You can also write some custom JavaScript, which runs for every step, and in that way codify the conditional logic in a traditional programming language.

var storeId = context.getVariable('request.queryparam.StoreId');
if (storeId == '1') {
}
else {
}

And of course the Flow configuration would omit the Condition. It would look like this:

<Step>           
   <Name>JS-HandleStoreIdQueryParam</Name>             
</Step>

Thanks @Dino-at-Google, that worked great!