A couple general questions about the microgateway...

cboyd

Hi All,

We just setup a working instance of the micro-gateway and now we have some questions.

1. We know we need to open up firewall ports between the micro-gateway and Apigee cloud to communicate: any idea what port #(s) that is?

2. Also, I know that the proxy name has to start with edgemicro_ in order to be pushed down to the micro-gateway. Does it have to be deployed as well?

My concern here is exposing API calls to "the world" that we are trying to keep internal.

3. If we have multiple micro-gateways deployed do they all get the same API proxies or is there a way to define which ones get which proxies? If so, how does one do that?

Thanks!

0 6 284
6 REPLIES 6

I am not sure about your 1st query,

2. Also, I know that the proxy name has to start with edgemicro_ in order to be pushed down to the micro-gateway. Does it have to be deployed as well?

Yes it should be deployed to the environment which is configured in edgemicro_gateway.

Micro-gateway will download proxy as per the org and env defined while configuring it.

3. If we have multiple micro-gateways deployed do they all get the same API proxies or is there a way to define which ones get which proxies? If so, how does one do that?

If all the micro gateways are mapped/configured to same org and env, then I guess yes they will have same API Proxies.

I never tried multiple micro gateway. If you have tried do you see multiple .edgemicro/org-env-config.yaml files? I guess we only get one config file per org-env combination.

But within gateway config(.edgemicro/org-env-config.yaml), we can mention which proxies to download.

proxies:
  - edgemicro_proxy-1
  - edgemicro_proxy-2
  - edgemicro_proxy-3

Hi @Siddharth Barahalikar, thanks for the response.

1. OK.

2. So if we deploy it then doesn't it expose the API to the internet? How do we secure it?

3. OK...this one is more curiosity since it looks like an "all or nothing" sort of scenario.

Thanks.

Hi @Siddharth Barahalikar, thanks. I think that is what I am looking for on #2.

I appreciate your help!

cboyd

Hi @Siddharth Barahalikar, I have been playing with this microgateway for a few days and I have a follow up question:

How do I run a trace so that I can debug issues?

Thanks.

Microgateway proxies cannot be traced using the Apigee Edge Trace tool.

You need to use DEBUG,

Restart Edge Microgateway in debug mode. To do this, add DEBUG=* to the beginning of the start command. For example:

DEBUG=* edgemicro start -o  myorg -e test -k
      db4e9e8a95aa7fabfdeacbb1169d0a8cbe42bec19c6b98129e02 -s
      6e56af7c1b26dfe93dae78a735c8afc9796b077d105ae5618ce7ed

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/microgateway/3.0.x/operation-and-configuration-reference-edge-m...

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/microgateway/3.0.x/operation-and-configuration-reference-edge-m...

BTW you can Accept the answer which solves your query. It will be useful for others.