Drupal - Automatic creation of Apigee teams on Sign-in

Hello Team,

I am using Drupal - Apigee Kickstart distribution and wanted to know if its possible to create a new team(installed through APIGEE team module) automatically based on the name/title given by the user in a Sign-in page?

Appreciate Pointers/ideas.

Thanks,

Shweta V R

0 9 209
9 REPLIES 9

@Shweta V Revankar - Please clarifies -

- Do you want to create a team for an individual developer?

- Who will be added in the developer team?

BTW Answer is here - you can extend Sign-In process with rules module and create teams in the Drupal. This can be done using custom code as well but as rules module is well managed to provides many other out of the box feature which you may want to use in the future.

@Ravindra Singh Team creation will be for multiple developers.

Example:Use_case 1: Whenever a user signs-in he/she has to fill a field named as "Team Name", which in turn needs to create the team based on the title. Suppose if the team already exists he should be added to that particular team.

Use_case 2: Suppose if the user is present in 2 or more teams, once he specifies the names/title of the team, then those teams should be created.

Note: "Teams" here means the APIGEE specific teams, where members will be able to view or edit APIs based on the permissions.

Is this possible?? If yes, can you please help me with the custom code?

yes, this is possible, its all about your custom code.

Which file needs to be modified for this? I am bit confused as there are list of files in Rule module. Can you please help me with this? @Ravindra Singh

Attached is the list of files list-of-rule-files.png

@Ravindra Singh

++ Any idea which file needs to be modified for making any changes in the User registration page? I want to add a new field that will inturn create the team.

You need to analysis the code. It should be easy this is how we do work with any contrib modules which are not written by us. If I have to do it i will study the existing module then put my requirement on the table to see how should I use this module to achieve my requirement. in the same way spend some time then understand it.

Sure. I am finding it difficult to figure out the code. Still working on it.

@Ravindra Singh is it possible to create a custom condition in rule module? condition-rules.png