What are the firewall requirements for the hybrid deployment with non-gke cluster?

jimlin

I am evaluating the "apigee hybrid"[1], and my "runtime plane"[1] will be a non-gke cluster in the data center.

Our data center security team need review the firewall ports (both ingress and egress) which are required for the "management plane"[1] and "google cloud platform services"[1].

I can't find the document about the required firewall ports for the hybrid deployment with non-gke cluster.

Does anyone know about the ports (both ingress and egress)?

1. https://docs.apigee.com/hybrid/beta2/what-is-hybrid

Solved Solved
1 2 412
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jim Lin - There are going to be some doc updates coming soon on this exact topic. For the current beta release you need to allow the following.

• Outgoing access on port 443
    • This is used by components like Synchronizer to fetch configuration data about an API environment from the management plane to the runtime plane and the Universal Data Collection Agent (UDCA) to extract analytics and deployment status data and send it to the management plane
    • Inbound access on port 443
      • This needed for the Management API for Runtime Data (MART). This MART endpoint must be exposed to the internet using a DNS entry and publicly signed certificate

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jimlin

I found doc[1].

Can I conclude this: "Only inbound port 443 and outbound port 443 are required"?

Document

1. https://docs.apigee.com/hybrid/beta2/service-config

Hi @Jim Lin - There are going to be some doc updates coming soon on this exact topic. For the current beta release you need to allow the following.

• Outgoing access on port 443
      • This is used by components like Synchronizer to fetch configuration data about an API environment from the management plane to the runtime plane and the Universal Data Collection Agent (UDCA) to extract analytics and deployment status data and send it to the management plane
      • Inbound access on port 443
        • This needed for the Management API for Runtime Data (MART). This MART endpoint must be exposed to the internet using a DNS entry and publicly signed certificate