Need Help: Coursera Training: Building first API Proxy in Apigee Edge

Hello all,

I am taking the Coursera API Dev on Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform course and I am in the first lab, and have a problem I cannot resolve. I've looked at every posting regarding this lab/issue.

Issuing the Postman call returns "The Firebase database 'apigee-developer-training-db' has be downgraded by a database owner. If you are an owner, consider upgrading."

I have totally recreated the lab twice, ensuring that I followed everything specifically. My next step is to create a totally new environment using a new set of credentials and see what might be different.

The definition of the Proxy is here:

8957-proxy-definition1.jpg

The error message from Postman is here:

8958-postman-results.jpg

I don't know where to look next.

Thanks in advance

0 2 265
2 REPLIES 2

Additional info.....

Hitting the proxy externally using the below URL I receive the message below it

https://{org-data-removed}-test.apigee.net/v1/products/697690

{
  "error" : "The Firebase database 'apigee-developer-training-db' has be downgraded by a database owner. If you are an owner, consider upgrading."
}

Hitting the proxy externally using the base string URL below, I receive the message

https://{org-data-removed}-test.apigee.net/v1

{
    "error": "unauthorized",
    "error_description": "This resource requires admin rights.",
    "exception": ""
}

This maybe a little bit late for @Donlen Ruffin but might help anyone else that may run into this error.

I met the same error and while figuring out the possible cause, I noticed that I had used apigee-developer-training-db as the project name, this project name was already probably used by the person who availed the lab question. Firebase will try to connect to the project but there will be a bit of conflicts regarding the rules applied to the database.

SOLUTION

Create a project with a unique name, it shouldn't be apigee-developer-training-db. I hope this helps