version 4.19 is not allowing organization name with upper case

Hi @Anil Sagar @ Google , @Dino-at-Google

I am migrating apigee from one APIGEE setup to another APIEE setup

I am creating organization name with the reference of existing organization names:

but in the old setup , organization names are combination of lower and upper case letters , but in 4.19 it is not allowing me to create organisation with lower and upper case.

I wanted to migrate developers ,API products,devapps,kvm,cache from existing organisation .
will there be any migration issue if i change the organization name(only lower case).

example : Current org name: ApigeeCentral2

new org name : apigeecentral2(lowercase from apigee docs)

But we are expecting to have org name with lower and upper case

0 2 195
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Santosh,

We've long advised org names using only integers and all-lowercase letters, with no spaces. It actually sounds like the ability to use a capital letter was itself a bug which was fixed.

Is there any special requirement that would prevent you from leveraging the advised naming convention?

Thanks.

michaelveit
Participant III

Unfortunately Apigee does not have any validation regarding the restrictions of org / env names.
Only in documentation they give RegEx, but dependent on patch version, Apigee behaves different.

E.g. in 4.19.06, you can work with upper case org names, even if documentation tells you that you are not allowed to use it. However, in 4.19.01, you can create such orgs, but run into subsequent errors.

Even worse: One engineer created an org name with blank in it in 4.19.06, and I am not able to delete it anymore. Always running into 403 FORBIDDEN, even if trying to add the system admin user as org admin. Cannot use nor remove that org. Just being stuck.

I would expect that the management API calls for creating objects will at least validate all names which will get part of any REST resource for addressing these objects.