<Issuer ref="..."/>
    <Audience ref="..."/>
    <ExpiresIn ref="..."/>
    <AdditionalClaims>
        <Claim name="email" ref="..."/>
    </AdditionalClaims>
    <OutputVariable>...</OutputVariable>
</GenerateJWT>

and getting the "jti" field generated, even if I don't use <Id> field at all.

I was wondering if it's generating by default? Or is there a way to exclude generating this field?

I'm getting a token validation error when I send it with "jti" field set.

Thank you in advance

Solved Solved
2 1 171
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

is there a way to exclude generating this field?

Today, No. We had intended to make that possible, but ... the original version of the GenerateJWT policy always embeds a jti claim. It would be reasonable to say "that's unnecessary and inappropriate; some implementations might not want a jti." and you would be right. But some customers are already depending on this "always provide a JTI" behavior of the GenerateJWT policy, in production systems. Therefore we could not change the behavior.

Currently with GenerateJWT, your options are: explicitly specify a jti, or you get one generated for you. If the inability to generate JWT without a jti claim is a real hardship, we can accept a feature request to provide a way to turn this off with a new (awkward) attribute on the Id element. But for now it is not possible. And of course I would not be able to make any promises about delivery timelines.

That's unfortunate. What system is verifying the token? the jti claim is optional, according to the specification in RFC 7519. I would think a robust verifying application would tolerate the presence of jti, even if the application doesn't use the jti claim.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

is there a way to exclude generating this field?

Today, No. We had intended to make that possible, but ... the original version of the GenerateJWT policy always embeds a jti claim. It would be reasonable to say "that's unnecessary and inappropriate; some implementations might not want a jti." and you would be right. But some customers are already depending on this "always provide a JTI" behavior of the GenerateJWT policy, in production systems. Therefore we could not change the behavior.

Currently with GenerateJWT, your options are: explicitly specify a jti, or you get one generated for you. If the inability to generate JWT without a jti claim is a real hardship, we can accept a feature request to provide a way to turn this off with a new (awkward) attribute on the Id element. But for now it is not possible. And of course I would not be able to make any promises about delivery timelines.

That's unfortunate. What system is verifying the token? the jti claim is optional, according to the specification in RFC 7519. I would think a robust verifying application would tolerate the presence of jti, even if the application doesn't use the jti claim.