What’s the difference between developers and developer accounts?

Can some explain to me the difference between Publish>Developers and Publish>Developer Programs>Portal name>Developer Accounts.

Adding a user to one area does not seem to make them show up in the other.

I’m assuming Publish>Developers has all the users only to be used for the Drupal Dev Portal and Publish>Dev Programs>portal name>Dev Accounts has all the users for each specific integrated portal? Unless I missed it, the Apigee docs can be tightened up here.

Solved Solved
1 2 253
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robert,

This is a great question. Currently, these are two different entities in the system. The "Developer Account" is the record that is created in the identity system, which allows a user to log into the system. This tracks the user's name, email, and and password. Separately, the "Developer" record is an entity that "owns apps". This record is created when a user creates an app from the developer portal. It is connected to the Developer Account via the email address.

We are actively working to reconcile these two entities into a single entity, but this is still a work in progress.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Robert,

This is a great question. Currently, these are two different entities in the system. The "Developer Account" is the record that is created in the identity system, which allows a user to log into the system. This tracks the user's name, email, and and password. Separately, the "Developer" record is an entity that "owns apps". This record is created when a user creates an app from the developer portal. It is connected to the Developer Account via the email address.

We are actively working to reconcile these two entities into a single entity, but this is still a work in progress.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!!

I've updated the documentation, as well, to clarify this. See Manage developer accounts and Exploring the Developers page. Thanks for your question!

Liz