Updating one environment to hosted target affects other environments on the same proxy

sunil

Hi,

I was recently trying to update our current nodeJs App (Trireme) to the new HostedTarget type on one of our proxies.

We have three environments (test, dev, and prod). Using dev, I updated to Hosted Target and this had the undesired effect of disabling the prod environment, which began returning 502 gateway errors.

Do you have any best-practices on how to update to HostedTargets without breaking the current prod, or is a new proxy required to do this?

0 3 122
3 REPLIES 3

This is the first we've heard about this. Can you tell us the exact steps you followed? Did you use the API, UI, ... to deploy the new HT proxy?

I initially migrated to HT proxy via the UI, but got the error 'package.json' not found (even though it was there in the hosted directory root). I then deployed the HT to dev environment via apigeetool which seemed to work and that's when prod stopped working.

To get prod working again, I used a combination of the apigeetool API and the UI, I found out that to get prod back in working order, both dev and prod needed to be deployed with the same revision.

Can you share specifics by chance? Of course, sanitize your PII but it would be nice to see the apigeetool invocations. My theory is that there was some environment and/or revision mixup somewhere but I don't have any details to go on here.